The San Luis Obispo County Department of Planning & Building is offering an exciting career opportunity for Senior Planner in the Energy unit. This position will be responsible for managing and supporting local government programs under the Energy Watch Partnership. Responsibilities will include managing a growing portfolio of complex energy efficiency projects and working closely with local governments to improve operations and reduce energy costs, use, and GHG emissions. Key responsibilities are below. Visit San Luis Obispo County’s posting here to learn more and apply.
Key job responsibilities for this position include:
- Coordinate and/or perform energy assessments and help customers select, finance, and implement cost-effective projects
- Design, develop, improve, and manage local government programs
- Build and maintain strong long-term relationships with customers and facilitate and coordinate regular meetings with customers, utility companies, and consultants/contractors
- Communicate and present complex, technical information effectively to a variety of audiences to support organizational decision making and strategic planning
- Lead data collection efforts by working closely with utilities, local government agencies, consultants/contractors, and other partners
- Utilize EPA’s Energy Star Portfolio Manager software to collect, analyze, and report energy data and benchmark facilities and utility infrastructure, to develop customized energy action plans, and to monitor trends over time
- Develop comprehensive and verified inventories of customer facilities and infrastructure and related information
- Navigate, leverage, and coordinate programs, incentive applications, and financing available through utilities, State commissions, and other agencies
- Support monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements, meeting preparation, and other administrative tasks as needed
- Advocate effectively for resources and programmatic support from utilities, State commissions, and County government
- Participate in trainings and increase knowledge of and skills related to technical aspects of energy efficiency, financial analysis, utility programs and incentives, and program and project management
The Ideal Candidate
In addition to sound program and project management experience and training, relevant experience and accreditation and/or education pertaining to energy efficiency and energy management is highly desirable.