California Energy Commission Chair Robert B. Weisenmiller, the Lead Commissioner for the 2017 Integrated Energy Policy Report, will conduct a workshop to receive public comments on the Draft 2017 Integrated Energy Policy Report (Draft 2017 IEPR). Other Commissioners from the Energy Commission and the California Public Utilities Commission may also attend and participate in the workshop. A quorum of Commissioners from the Energy Commission may attend, but no votes will be taken.
The Draft 2017 IEPR will be forthcoming and made available through a separate notice.
MONDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2017 1:00 p.m. CALIFORNIA ENERGY COMMISSION 1516 Ninth Street First Floor, Rosenfeld Hearing Room Sacramento, California (Wheelchair Accessible) Remote Access Available by Computer or Phone via WebEx™
The IEPR Lead Commissioner issued a scoping order on March 6, 2017, that identified topics to cover in the report. The focus of the Draft 2017 IEPR is the implementation of Senate Bill 350 (De León, Chapter 547, Statutes of 2015) which includes requirements to:
- Double energy efficiency savings in retail end uses by 2030.
- Increase the Renewables Portfolio Standard procurement target from 33 percent to 50 percent of retail sales by 2030.
- Encourage the electrification of the transportation system.
- Implement a long-term planning process for California’s load-serving entities and local publicly owned electric utilities to cost-effectively reduce greenhouse gas emissions with a diverse portfolio of supply-side and demand-side resources.
- Develop studies on the barriers and opportunities for low-income residents and disadvantaged communities in accessing energy efficiency, weatherization, renewable energy, and clean transportation options.
To join a meeting: VIA COMPUTER: Click here to join the online event. Or copy and paste the following link to a browser: https://energy.webex.com/energy/onstage/g.php?MTID=e2ab9057801126e4029e7bf4bc20c8a1e
Event number: 920 900 966
VIA TELEPHONE ONLY (no visual presentation): Call 1-866-469-3239 (toll-free in the U.S. and Canada). When prompted, enter the unique meeting number: 920 900 966 International callers may select their number from https://energy.webex.com/energy/globalcallin.php.