This report provides a detailed summary of the Codes & Standards activities in 2016, during which the Program provided energy policy and technical support for 52 local Bay Area jurisdictions. You can download the full report and read additional summary here.
Key outcomes include:
- Development and implementation of a “ZNE Assistance for Municipal Buildings” program in five jurisdictions.
- Development of Request for Proposal (RFP) and Owner’s Project Requirements (OPR) template language to assist local governments procure new Zero Net Energy (ZNE) performing municipal and commercial buildings.
- Regional expansion of an Outcome Based Energy Reach Code and Zero Energy Performance Index (zEPI) tool kit to aid energy budget target setting, enable local outcome based energy reach codes for new construction, and use building energy benchmarking as a verification tool.
- Initiation of an electronic permit guide to help building staff and permit applicants understand Energy Code.
- Delivery of four half-day regional forums attended by local sustainability and building department staff from 25 jurisdictions.