“Microgrids are localized grids that have the potential to improve reliability and resiliency of the grid, offer a backup energy solution for communities during grid outages, and contribute to achieving California’s clean energy future.
This forum aims to help local governments, utilities and the private sector understand the benefits of microgrids, what to expect when planning a microgrid and how to navigate some of the complexities of creating a feasible design model. Presentations will include an update on the State’s microgrid roadmap, project case studies and resources available to support the design process.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Anthony Ng, Energy Commission Specialist, Energy Deployment & Market Facilitation Office, California Energy Commission
- Daniel Hamilton, Sustainability Manager, City of Oakland
- Greg Thompson, Community Microgrid Initiative Director, Clean Coalition
- Katie Van Dyke, Climate Action Program Manager, City of Berkeley
- Performance Excellence in Electricity Renewal (PEER),United States Green Building Council
- Dr Frank Wasko, Program Director, Clean Coalition”
Click here to register