The San Francisco Bay Area Regional Energy Network (BayREN) is a regional program of the Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG) and the Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC) and is composed of nine county agencies that comprise the San Francisco Bay Area. BayREN designs and implements effective energy saving programs, and draws on the expertise, experience, and proven track record of Bay Area local governments to develop and administer successful regional and local climate, resource, and sustainability programs; BayREN provides the regional infrastructure needed for efficient delivery of energy efficiency programs throughout the Bay Area.
This position is at the Assistant level and is under the direction of the BayREN Program Manager. The BayREN Single Family Project Manager, will oversee the implementation of the Single Family residential energy efficiency Sub Program.
The successful candidate will have experience with single family energy efficiency programs, including assisting with program design and implementation, experience with outreach to homeowners and contractors, reporting on program performance including energy savings, and knowledge of the energy efficiency policy drivers. The Project Manager will have good written and oral communication skills and be comfortable working with local government personnel.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge/skills:
- Understanding of California Climate policy, especially as it relates to Energy Efficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships
- Significant computer experience working in the MS Office Suite of programs including Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, meet deliverables and deadlines, and juggle competing priorities
- Flexibility in adapting to changing circumstances and taking on new roles
An appropriate combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way of obtaining the required qualifications is:
Education: Completion of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an appropriate field related to the position. (Applicants with a degree issued from an institution outside the United States must have their transcripts evaluated by an academic accrediting service and provide proof of equivalency attached to the application.)
Experience: One year of recent, progressive and verifiable professional experience in a field related to the position. Preference will be given to those applicants with more years of professional experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The person in this position will:
- Work with consultants to develop a single family program design consistent with the BayREN Business Plan
- Manage multiple vendors and oversee procurement
- Assist local governments with outreach activities
- Coordinate BayREN activities with PG&E, CCEs, Statewide Marketing, etc.
- Host regular coordination calls for the program and its components
- Assist the Energy Programs Manager and BayREN Program Manager as necessary”
Click here to apply and learn more