The City of Sacramento’s Climate Action Plan, adopted February 2012, includes a municipal and community greenhouse gas inventory, and exploration of energy efficiency strategies such as:
- partnering with utilities on behavioral educational programs,
- supporting SMUD’s microgrid project,
- coordinating with SMUD on appliance and lighting rebate programs, custom and prescriptive incentive programs, and multi-family retrofits,
- retrofitting existing municipal buildings,
- installing cool roofs,
- updating and enforcing Sacramento’s Residential Energy Conservation Ordinance (RECO),
- developing a Commercial PACE program,
- adopting a Commercial Energy Conservation Ordinance (CECO), and
- supporting SMUD’s Home Performance Program, which offers audits and rebates to residential customers.
Read more on the Plan’s website.