El Cerrito adopted their Climate Action Plan on May 21st, targeting energy reductions of 15% by 2020 and 30% by 2035. The plan features a number of strategies to achieve these goals, including:
- transit-oriented development and streetscape changes to support efficient transportation,
- weatherization of homes,
- utilization of residential and commercial PACE and other financing programs,
- requiring new municipal buildings to be at minimum LEED Silver,
- assessment of the feasibility of reach codes and green building standards recommended by CALGreen,
- and exploring building permitting simplification and permitting structures that incentivize water and energy efficiency.
To read the report, visit El Cerrito’s Climate Action Plan website.