“Under the new rule:
- Participating storage must be eligible to provide all capacity, energy, and ancillary services that it is technically capable of providing.
- The participation model must ensure that storage systems in it can be dispatched, and can set the wholesale market clearing price as both a seller and buyer consistent with existing market rules.
- The rules must account for the physical and operational characteristics of electric storage resources through bidding parameters or other means.
- The minimum size for participating energy storage cannot be larger than 100 kilowatts.
- The sale of electric energy from the wholesale electricity market to an electric storage resource that the resource then resells back to those markets must be at the wholesale locational marginal price.”
Click here to read more from Energy Manager Today