This free four-hour course is designed for those interested in learning about the 2016 California Green Building Standards Code (CALGreen). Cities across California are required to enforce the 2016 California Green Building Code on January 1, 2017.
The course will review Residential and Non-Residential standards and demonstrate how designers and developers are addressing the requirements. New or updated standards will be highlighted in order to contrast changes from the previous code cycle.
Date and Time:Friday, July 22, 2016 – 08:30am – 12:30pm
Location: Energy Education Center – Irwindale
To Register, scroll to the bottom of this email.
– Summarize the origins and evolution of CALGreen and how the code fits in with California’s Zero Net Energy goals
– Highlight new code changes that will be adopted in 2016 and enforced in 2017
– Discuss challenges city officials, developers and designers have had in interpreting and implementing the code
– Review and interpret California Green Building Standards Code requirements as they relate to design and construction
– Share real world green code examples and lessons learned from design to construction
– Architects, engineers and other design & construction professionals
– Code officials
– Green Building professionals
Reservations will be held 15 minutes following the start time above. After this time yourseat may be given to a waiting customer.
Content is appropriate for individuals who possess a fundamental understanding of the topic, and have familiarity with basic terminology and methodology of the subject matter. Attendees should have the capacity to participate in instructor-led exercises requiring synthesis and application of concepts.
Moe Fakih, Director of Sustainability for VCA Green, a leading California green building consultant. Mr. Fakih is a CALGreen expert who holds the following designations: LEED AP, MPA, (Green Rater, O+M), GPR, and BPI.
Energy Education Center
6090 N. Irwindale Avenue
Irwindale, CA 91702
To Register: CLICK HERE Then scroll to the bottom of the SCE web page under the Sustainability heading and click on CALGreen Title 24 Part II