The Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) is hiring for a Commercial Development Consultant! A short description is shared below. Visit SMUD’s website to learn more and apply.
Commercial Development Consultant
Major duties include:
- Provides insight and advice to fellow staff for resolution of complex issues or obstacles, by sharing depth of knowledge in either developer account management and or new service requirements, energy programs and solutions.
- Provides advanced or “holistic” account expertise, including identification of opportunities, development of strategy and managing of overall developer account needs.
- Ensures the developer relationship is deepening through outcome-oriented, comprehensive planning and successful plan execution.
- Supports the Commercial Development team and process by serving as a technical expert for account management and comprehensive energy solutions for developers and the development community.
- Acts as primary point of contact for assigned developers and the development community in order to establish and maintain a personalized business relationship based on openness, respect, trust, integrity, and accountability for the purpose of identifying developer issues and needs.
- Establish direct, ongoing, personal relationship with decision-making leaders and staff within the developer’s organization, and assume responsibility for determining and responding to the developer’s needs.
- Coordinate activities and services in the areas of Rates, Energy Services, Customer Services & Billing, Energy Operations, Grid Planning, and Distribution Services for assigned developers. Proposes solution development efforts that best address developer’s needs, while coordinating involvement of all necessary internal SMUD stakeholders. Works with internal teams to ensure operational efficiencies and service levels meet or exceed the developer’s expectations through strong customer service orientation with excellent follow-through skills.
- Market new and existing SMUD services, coordinating requests for services with responsible departments and initiating new service programs based on in-depth analysis of the developer’s needs.
- Resolve various developer-related policy and service issues and report through management as necessary. Such issues may include but are not limited to service applications, design and construction services, rates, energy efficiency, new technologies, and power quality.
- Support SMUD efforts with respect to community involvement participating in appropriate activities and organizations. Attend developers’ meetings and presentations, focus groups, etc. as beneficial.
- Performs related duties as required.