“The Sonoma County Regional Climate Protection Authority (RCPA) is seeking a Director of Climate Programs. The position reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for coordination of all programs related to climate change, including mitigation and adaptation. The position requires coordination between local jurisdictions and other multijurisdictional entities. The Director of Climate Programs works closely with the Director of Planning on community engagement, project delivery and planning.
The Director of Climate Programs position is responsible for developing and delivering a strategy to lead and coordinate countywide efforts to respond to climate change, across land use, transportation, energy and water use, solid waste, and other activities that generate greenhouse gas emissions or affect community response to local climate impacts.”
- Advise the Board of relevant issues and seek direction on RCPA programs.
- Assist the Executive Director in defining work program goals and objectives, and developing the annual budget.
- Secure grant funding to deliver on work program goals and objectives.
- Develop a legislative platform with priorities and lead engagement.
- Coordinate with local governments and regional agencies on local climate action issues.
- Prepare planning analyses and written reports, including findings and recommendations.
- Manage multiple staff positions.
Experience and skills:
- Principles and practices of climate change planning and project management.
- Policies and programs across land use, transportation, energy, water, solid waste, and other activities that generate greenhouse gas emissions.
- Federal, State, regional, and local regulations pertaining to climate change.
- Any combination of experience, education and/or training that would provide an opportunity to acquire the knowledge and abilities listed herein.
The salary range is $9,000 to $12,000 monthly.
This is an open recruitment until the position is filled. Resumes will be accepted until January, 12th, 2018, for the first round of interviews, to be scheduled the following week.
For the full job description, visit http://rcpa.ca.gov/climate_director_2017