The City and County of San Francisco’s Department of Environment is hiring for an Environmental Education Coordinator! The full job description and application are available on the City and County’s website here. For a short description of duties, see below.
Examples of important and essential duties are:
- Coordinate school education and other environmental education projects.
Train and supervise staff.
- Coordinate and implement social marketing campaigns to increase participation in environmental programs, focusing primarily on zero waste and toxics reduction;
- Make presentations and give assemblies at public and private schools to principals, staff and students to increase participation in environmental education programs;
- Update educational and program materials for children, youth and adults;
- Maintain working partnerships with network of environmental education organizations, local non profits,City Agencies, and School District administrators;
- Represent City at public forums, including those at the federal, state, and local level;
- Perform regular research and critical analysis of all environmental education efforts;
- Assist in fundraising and applying for grants for the School Education Program;
- Assist with researching, selecting and managing contractors
Filing deadline: 7/25/2016