San Mateo County is hiring for a Resource Conservation Specialist! Applications must be in by August 8th, 2016. A short description is below: for more and to apply, visit the job posting on the San Mateo County website.
The County’s Office of Sustainability is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Resource Conservation Specialist I/II. We want “sustainability champions” to empower our employees and our community members to embrace sustainability more fully and use resources more efficiently.
As part of our team, you will:
- Coordinate with multiple county departments to implement our Climate Action Plan.
- Market residential energy efficiency options.
- Coordinate the County’s storm water management and lead efforts to stop illegal dumping.
- Encourage bike sharing and flex/telework.
The IDEAL CANDIDATE will have:
- A strong interest in sustainability and environmental issues.
- Experience in the field and a college degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Public Policy, Environmental Science or a related field. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal relations – a natural marketer that easily connects with people.
- Clear communication – both verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical skills – experienced in conducting research and analyzing data.
- Independence – can “hit the ground running” and work with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility – able to change course quickly and effectively.
- A desire to learn more about a career in local government.
At this time we will be hiring two full-time, permanent Resource Conservation Specialist positions, and two full-time, limited-term Resource Conservation Specialist positions. These positions will collaborate on the current initiatives, and each position will have the opportunity to work on one of the projects.