The City of Thousand Oaks is hiring for two Sustainability Analysts and a Sustainability Division Manager! Excerpts from the position descriptions are below. Visit the City of Thousand Oaks’s jobs page to apply by July 11th, 2016.
The City of Thousand Oaks is seeking a team player who will thrive on the challenge of making a positive impact on sustainability efforts in the community. As part of the City’s sustainability initiatives, initial responsibilities will include oversight of programs, such as solid waste, household hazardous waste, water or energy. Primary responsibilities:
- Assist in the development, analysis, evaluation, coordination and implementation of the City’s sustainability programs
- Interpret, communicate and support the implementation of city, state, and federal resource management and environmental quality regulations
- Present information to business and residential members of the community and respond to issues
- Coordinate with other agencies on conservation programs
- Prepare required departmental, city, and state reports
- Analyze greenhouse gas emissions and prepare reports for third party registries
- Manage stakeholder engagement and transparency initiatives
- Manage third party applications (Constant Contact, WordPress, Caspio Bridge database)
We are seeking an innovative and proactive Sustainability Division Manager who will be responsible for leading and managing environmental activities in the areas of recycling, water conservation, sustainability and energy efficiency. The Manager will be responsible for transforming the division to focus more holistically on environmental sustainability. This will include promoting innovative City practices which are economically, socially, and environmentally sustainable. Key responsibilities include:
- Developing, implementing and monitoring long-term plans, goals and objectives focused on achieving the Department’s mission and priorities.
- Directing the preparation of a variety of studies and reports relating to current and long-range City sustainability and resource conservation.
- Developing specific proposals to meet conservation and energy efficiency needs.
- Planning and directing project management activities for a variety of conservation and energy efficiency projects.
- Promoting, gathering and communicating the positive effects and impacts of sustainability efforts on the community to assist in facilitating community engagement, education, partnerships, productive relationships and advance program goals.
- Development and implementation of key performance indicators and metrics to measure operational effectiveness, identify areas of success and areas for improvement.