The City of Los Angeles has released its first annual report highlighting a 19% reduction in water consumption, expansion of solar and energy storage, enrollment of over 27 million square feet in the LA Better Buildings Challenge, and energy savings over 912 GigaWatt-hours (GWh). Successes contributing to this reduction include:
- Upgrades of over 16 million incandescent light bulbs;
- The City’s first net-zero energy pilot at the Studio City Gymnasium;
- Strong energy management and energy data review by the General Services Department and LADWP;
- Engagement with commercial buildings and realtors;
- Workforce education and training, including the Green Janitors Program.
To review the Annual Report, click here.