Presented by the Center for Sustainable Energy, Local Policies to Achieve ZNE Buildings (part 2) is a great resource to hear from cities and experts on programming that can help get local governments ready for zero net energy use in buildings. Speakers and more information listed below:
This webinar focused on two strategies at the local level: engaging stakeholders through task forces and benchmarking buildings to measure energy use, compare to other buildings nationwide, and prioritize efficiency retrofits within a portfolio.
- Hilary Firestone, Senior Project Manager, Energy Efficiency, Office of Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti discussed efforts to engage stakeholders in developing the City of Los Angeles’ climate action plan and related ordinances.
- Dave Weil, Deputy Director of Energy, Sustainability and Environmental Protection Division, City of San Diego discussed the City of San Diego’s experience with benchmarking municipal buildings.
- Marshall Duer-Balkind, Program Analyst, Department of Energy & Environment, Government of the District of Columbia discussed the impacts and lessons learned from the District’s law requiring benchmarking and disclosure for municipal, commercial and multifamily buildings.
- Katie Ross, Senior Project Manager – Sustainability, DTZ presented a commercial real estate services company’s perspective on benchmarking.
- Hanna Grene, Energy Efficiency and Building Performance Policy Manager, Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) provided an overview of California’s ZNE goals and moderate the session.
This is the second webinar based on the ZNE Roadmap for Local Governments, which provides a collection of best practices, current efforts and policy recommendations that local jurisdictions can implement to support and drive the ZNE market.
The roadmap and webinars are provided by the Center for Sustainable Energy and funded by the San Diego Regional Energy Partnership, which includes City of San Diego, County of San Diego, City of Chula Vista, San Diego Association of Governments, Port of San Diego and San Diego Gas & Electric®.