This position is ideal for a planning professional with a strong interest in furthering their expertise in regional land use and transportation planning with a focus on climate change and energy planning. We anticipate significant career development will occur while working on the types of duties and responsibilities described below and through mentoring and close collaboration with senior staff. Examples of primary responsibilities include:
- Provide technical support for the Energy Roadmap program for local governments; participate in project outreach and project implementation activities, and coordinate efforts among SANDAG staff, member agencies, utilities, and contractors; evaluate member agency policies and projects with regard to their energy and/or climate impacts; and monitor the overall use and effectiveness of the program.
- Support collaborative efforts related to Energy Roadmap implementation; provide support for quarterly meetings with staff from member agencies; identify and suggest potential, relevant climate initiatives for member agencies to consider as part of their local plans; assist with implementing energy roadmaps, climate action plans, or similar local sustainability plans; and support member agency participation in energy efficiency, renewable energy, and clean transportation programs.
- Participate in the development and implementation of long range sustainability plans that follow California’s loading order and support GHG reduction goals; review and analyze current or proposed actions to determine possible impacts on the region; draft policies and strategies for consideration by regional and local decision-makers; and identify and monitor performance indicators.
- Participate in the implementation of the Regional Energy Strategy and Climate Action Strategy; conduct research on climate change adaptation and mitigation measures; and assist with formulating planning and policy methods for reaching a GHG emissions reduction target.
- Research, collect, and compile data from a variety of sources; analyze data and perform statistical computations to identify trends; prepare tables, graphs, and charts to display information for written reports and presentations; and assist with development of creative, interactive data displays.
- Assist with the preparation of written, oral, and visual reports and presentations to the SANDAG Board of Directors, Policy Advisory Committees, member agencies, community groups, private organizations, and members of the public.
- Assist with the development of project plans, budgets, schedules, and deliverables; prepare requests for proposals (RFPs), scopes of work, participate in the selection of consultants; support the monitoring of consultants and ensure projects are completed on schedule and within the prescribed budget, and at a consistently high level of quality; maintain grant or contract files and prepare project status reports.”
Click here to view the job and apply