Join us for an exploration of Building Performance Standards (BPS), their future in California, and their implications for local governments, the building sector, and the climate. Hosted by the Local Government Sustainable Energy Coalition (LGSEC) and the California Climate & Energy Collaborative (CCEC) on Tuesday, March 22nd from 9-11am Pacific Time, this joint event will feature a panel discussion comprised of both moderated and audience Q&A on the future of grid-interactive buildings, and what they mean for new and existing buildings, the grid, and local governments. Experts included in this panel include Senator Becker from the 13th Senate District, Cliff Majersik from IMT, Barbara Locci from the City of Chula Vista, and Lynne Kiesling from University of Colorado. This will be followed by a feedback session led by Senator Becker and Cliff Majersik on building performance standards. The event will end with a short, optional networking activity.
- Senator Josh Becker – California State Senator, 13th Senate District
- Lynne Kiesling – Research Professor & Co-Director, Institute for Regulatory Law & Economics, University of Colorado
- Cliff Majersik – Senior Advisor, Policy and Programs, Institute for Market Transformation (IMT)
- Barbara Locci – Conservation Specialist, City of Chula Vista
- Angie Hacker – Best Practices Coordinator, California Climate & Energy Collaborative (CCEC)
- Marc Costa – Board Chair, Local Government Sustainable Energy Coalition (LGSEC)
This event is free for local governments, nonprofits, CBOs, Tribal representatives, and academia, with an optional sliding-scale donation encouraged for private sector and state government attendees.