The Department of Mental Health Headquarters (DMHHQ) building in Los Angeles, CA is implementing a facility retro-commissioning (RCx) program – and, to do so, Los Angeles County has developed a Retro-commissioning Report and Economic Analysis for the facility.
The purpose of the RCx program is to optimize the operation of heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems in the existing building. Retro-commissioning is a systematic process of verifying that the installed equipment are operating efficiently and are capable of providing the services necessary to meet the needs of the building occupants. Building optimization through the RCx program should fulfill the following goals.
- Minimize energy and demand costs
- Ensure equipment is at a proper state of operation
- Minimize occupant complaints
- Maintain and improve the quality of the interior environment
- Minimize the possibility of premature equipment failures
- Improve operation and maintenance procedures in the facility