The scheduled date for this meeting is Friday, Sept 22nd, at 10 am – 11:30 am. Webinar details are below. RSVP by Today, Tuesday, Sept 19th
About the Program
The Bay Area Solar PV Ordinance program is a joint project of the Bay Area Regional Collaborative (BARC), Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD), and Bay Area Regional Energy Network (BayREN) to accelerate the implementation of solar rooftops across the Bay Area. A project goal is to help cities and counties prepare for the transition to the zero-net-energy (ZNE) requirements to be included in the next statewide energy code update in which a solar requirement is expected.
Who is this for?
The kick-off webinar is intended for local government staff that wish to explore meeting their renewable energy and climate action plan goals through the adoption of a rooftop solar photovoltaic (PV) ordinance. The kick-off webinar will introduce city and county staff to the project team, the solar PV toolkit components, and the additional program support that is being offered.
Solar PV Toolkit Elements
- User Guide: Describes California’s existing 2016 Building Code requirements for solar, local “reach” building codes, the State’s zero-net energy goals and other emerging issues related to renewable energy.
- Solar PV Ordinance Template: Adapted from the Draft Model Local Solar Ordinance prepared by the California Energy Commission (CEC), streamlines the ordinance development and adoption process for local governments.
- Cost-effectiveness Study: Recognized by the CEC, this required analysis to the ordinance helps streamline State approval.
- Local Adoption and State Approval Guide: Step-by-step guide for local adoption of the ordinance and obtaining State approval. Includes sample staff report and State transmittal letter.
- Outreach Package: Materials for local government staff to facilitate communicating to stakeholders and policy-makers on the ordinance. Includes slide presentation and list of frequently asked questions and answers (FAQs).
Hands-on Program Support
The Bay Area Model Solar Ordinance program is offering hands-on support through bi-monthly work sessions. These will focus on specific topics that partnering jurisdictions raise as important and timely. The sessions will convene technical experts, as well as regional and local partners as appropriate to discuss challenges encountered through the adoption of a basic ordinance, or to provide information on ordinance enhancements that jurisdictions may wish to explore. All meetings will be remotely accessible.
Please RSVP by Tuesday, Sept 19th to Vijay Kesavan, BARC Program Coordinator, at: email@example.com
Audio Connection: +1-415-655-0002 (Access code: 922 925 548)
Contact Vijay Kesavan firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.