The California Energy Commission’s Energy Conservation Assistance Act (ECAA) offers zero-interest rate loans to public schools and 1 percent rate loans to public entities and California Native American Tribes. Loans finance , energy efficiency and energy generation projects, energy storage systems, and electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
Examples of eligible projects include:
- Lighting and lighting control systems
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment
- On-site clean energy generation, such as photovoltaic systems
- Building envelope and insulation
- Energy storage systems
- Electric vehicle infrastructure used to power public fleets