EPA’s new Environmental and Climate Justice Community Change Grants program (Community Change Grants) will invest $2 billion dollars in Inflation Reduction Act funds to fund community-driven projects that address climate challenges and reduce pollution while strengthening communities through thoughtful implementation. These grants will enable communities and their partners to overcome longstanding environmental challenges and implement meaningful solutions to meet community needs now and for generations to come.
These programs will address the diverse and unique needs of disadvantaged communities by:
- Reducing and preventing pollution;
- Building resilience to climate change and mitigating current and future climate risks;
- Enhancing meaningful involvement in government processes related to environmental and climate
- Expanding access to high-quality jobs and economic opportunity through workforce development;
- Bolstering community strength by ensuring that local residents receive the benefits of investments
and have the opportunity to build on them for current and future generations.
Applications are now open and will be accepted on a rolling basis through November 21, 2024.